The pious knowledge and insight provided in Shrimad Bhagwat Gita is considered to be more valuable and condensed than provided by Vedas, Purans, Upanshads and philosophies propagated by many saints and priests put together.
Peace, internal happiness, knowledge, getting away from the cycles of birth and rebirth and ultimately merging into God Almighty should be the ultimate aim of a soul and its real journey.
To achieve the above one has to follow certain self-disciplines, philosophies, change in lifestyle, prayers and penance which has been lucidly and crisply explained in Shrimad Bhagwat Gita.
The preaching of Shrimad Bhagwat Gita were equally relevant thousands of years ago when Lord Krishna bestowed to Arjuna in the battlefield of Mahabharat, equally relevant even today and will remain relevant in future as well as it is eternal –Sanatan.
Though it is very difficult to condense the preaching of Shrimad Bhagwat Gita an attempt to provide a gist has been done here below:
|Beware of and don’ts||Practice|
|The expectation of fruits of your actions||Prayer and Meditation|
|The expectation of more than you need||Sweet and pious remembrance|
|Attraction and infatuation unwanted sex||Visualising God everywhere and in everything|
|If you do as above you are bound to achieve|
|Pious and eternal knowledge|
|Relief from the cycles of birth and rebirth|
|View and Vision of Supreme being|
|Merging in the Supreme Being|
|Eternal Peace – solace|
Condensed preaching of Shrimad Bhagwat Gita
When you read Shrimad Bhagwat Gita every time you find new meaning not only of each shlokas but even the words – their meanings are very deep. It is rather impossible to convey the preaching of Shrimad Bhagwat Gita in condensed form but an attempt is being made to do so. I feel that if the following preaching which have been narrated in various shlokas referred against each can be adopted in life, it will definitely improve one’s life in achieving solace – nirvana.
- Sighting God in everything – Supreme Being all around (13.11)
- We should behave in the same way with others as we expect them to behave with us.(6.32)
- Always follow the median path (6.16)
- Always seek from a learned Guru with humility and respect (4.34)
- Always seek divine shelter rather than following various ways and beliefs (18.66)
- Recite base mantra – aum tat sat (17.23)
- We should concentrate and focus on illuminous God Almighty (8.9), internal voice and light (4.26) and devine face of able Guru (6.14)
- Always remember and pray God Almighty (8.7) and feel the divine presence in everything and believe that whatever is happening is due to his Divine power. (5.8)
- We should devote everything to God Almighty(9.27)
- Always be satisfied with divine’s will and wish.(12.19)
- Keep uniformity in action and behaviour(14.24)
- Get rid of desires(2.71) and expectation against your actions (5.12)
- Practice disentrancement (13.9)
- Unwanted sex, infatuation and attraction (kama), anger and greed are the worst enemies and one should totally avoid these which are the doorway of hell. (16.21)
- Practice forgiveness, patience and purity. (16.3)
- The distinction between right and wrong should be based on the divine scriptures.(16.24)
- Always pray to God Almighty(10.12) and keep asking for forgiveness from God Almighty (11.44)
- Practice the above so much that it becomes a habit and way of life (2.69)