Vedic Global Executive team to guide and assist in overall functioning of Vedic Global
Committed to helping the community in their personal, professional, spiritual and financial well being.
Rakesh is a committed and selfless volunteer, result-driven, an inspiring and authentic leader with international and local experience in Banking and Financial Services in India, Kenya and Australia for over 30 years and with several not for profit organisations in Australia for last more than 6 years.
Having a passion for outstanding relationship with the multicultural community/clients, bottom-line results and driven by challenge. Expert at creating/capitalizing on networks, collaborations, liaisons and business connections. Having close ties and professional partnerships with all the major banks and financial institutions, financial planners, life coaches, yoga teacher, religious preacher, builders, real estate agents, counsellor, insurance broker.
Coupled with diversified educational background, vast experience and commitment to serve the community selflessly serving the community without any expectation.
- Vedic Global as founder Director, Secretary and Public Officer – aiming to unite Santanis world over and promote Vedic philosophy of Vasudhaiv Kutumbkam, Sarv Jan Hitay, Sarvey Bhavantu Sukhina, and Sarvey Santu Niramayah
- Vedic Concept School -VCS as the founder member and Adviser to promote Vedic knowledge, culture and Philosophy
- Wyndham Rotary Club with the position of Director Community Services for 2019-20 – selflessly serving the community
- Women of Wyndham (WOW) Adviser and Executive team member to help empower women, social and cultural inclusion, gender equality, prevention of violence and inequality.
- Ramon Helps Inc – a not for profit charity as President helping the less fortunate and needy in the community in their wellbeing particularly assisting family violence victims and prevention, running employment workshops, promoting blood and organ donation, etc.
- Ramon Consulting & Financial Services Pty Ltd as founder
- Vish Enterprises Pty Ltd as founder-director
- Senior positions in Banking in India with Bank of Baroda
- General Manager Akiba Bank, Kenya
- Financial Controller of GAPCO – Gulf Africa Petroleum Company and General Manager Ssang Yang Motors
- Chief Manager, Advisor to the Directors and Managing Director Trust Bank in Kenya
- After working my way through ANZ, NAB in Senior Manager’s position was Head of Indian Banking and Country Head for South Asian Banking with CBA
- Co-founder GHARS – Global Hindu Association for Reform and Sustainable Societies
Awards & recognitions
- WOW received VMC award for excellence in community innovation in 2016
- Voted Indian Sun Person of The Year 2013 at IEC awards and received the award at the hands of Honourable John Howard.
- Awarded Multicultural Excellence Award 2012 by Victorian Multicultural Commission (VMC) received at the hands of Premier of Victoria.
- Selected Indian Executive of the Year 2012 by Indian Executive Club.
- Federation of Indian Association of Victoria (FIAV) awarded a meritorious award for 10 years of outstanding service to the multicultural community.
- Personality of the year 2012 awarded by International Migrants and Multicultural Banking Division (IMMB) of Commonwealth Bank and various excellence awards for outstanding service.
- In India besides numerous awards in Banking & Finance at a very young age was awarded Silver medal and award for meritorious service by President of India for contribution in Census of India which happens every 10 years
- Qualifications and Affiliations:
- In India BSc, MA in Composite World History, LLB, MMS (MBA Finance)
- In Australia Diploma In Banking and Finance, Advanced Diploma in Mortgage Broking, Graduation Diploma in Financial Planning and Graduate degree for Company Directorship from the Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
- Fellow of AIBF/FINSIA
- Certified Associate of the Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB)
- Member of Rotary International
An educator by profession for over 20 years’ experience. For last more than 8 years has been engaged in community service actively helping multicultural communities particularly family violence victims committed to resolving from the start to finish helping the victims proactively.
Currently associated with:
- Vedic Global as founder Director, aiming to unite Santanis world over and promote Vedic culture, values and philosophy of Vasudhaiv Kutumbakam, Sarv Jan Hitay, Sarvey Bhavantu Sukhina, and Sarvey Santu Niramayah
- Vedic Concept School -VCS as founder Director to promote Vedic knowledge, culture and Philosophy
- Wyndham Rotary Club – active member selflessly serving the community
- Women of Wyndham (WOW) President and Executive team member to help empower women, social and cultural inclusion, gender equality, prevention of violence and inequality.
- Ramon Helps Inc – a not for profit charity as Chair Person family well-being team helping the less fortunate and needy in the community in their wellbeing particularly assisting family violence victims and prevention.
- Ramon Consulting and Financial Services Pty Ltd as Founder director and CEO
- Manor Lakes College as a union representative on the school council
- VMC Advisory Board, Northern and Western metropolitans regions – member
- Wyndham Interfaith Network (WIN) – Vice-Chair
- Public speaking and debating coach at Manor Lakes College and Motivational Speaker
- Union Secretary at Manor lakes College
Past Experience includes
- Founder GHARS – Global Hindu Association for Reform and Sustainable Societies
- Lecturer at Box Hill Institute
- Business Development Manager BOQ
- Vice President and Chairperson domestic Violence committee- Australia India Society of Victoria (AISV)
- Chair Person of Events Management Committee –Federation of Indian Associations of Victoria (FIAV)
- Founder and Executive team member – Jagriti – a social awakening
- TV presenter and Anchor – Channel 31 Hindi program
- Presenter of Australian History in Hindi on SBS radio
- Community Representative at Werribee Secondary College Council
- Judging panel Mr and Mrs India Global and Teeyan Punjabi pageant
- Committee member Wyndham Holi and Diwali Festivals
Besides helping and successfully supporting more than 250 victims of family violence on 1:1 basis, has been assisting in developing projects and resources for the family violence victims. Has been organising family harmony/wellbeing days to guide, assist and educate community against domestic violence, being invited in forums and gatherings as a guest speaker to educate and inspire others. Through Ramon Helps Inc and its proactive volunteers have been running various events like International Women’s Day to highlight the Family Violence menace and helping and working towards women empowerment, organising blood donation camp through Red Cross becoming their Red 25 member.
Helped in production of a movie The Hidden Truth (THT) on family violence as well as acted in the movie playing the same role in the movie as she is doing in real life to help family violence victims.
Has been recognised by VMC by honouring her with Meritorious Award for Serving the Multicultural Community at a colourful ceremony on 3 December 2015 at Governor House and excellence award for Innovative Service to the community to Women of Wyndham in 2016.
Born and raised in a Punjabi Hindu(Brahmin) family. Parents were educationists.
After finishing textile engineering, worked in the textile industry. Worked for nearly 10 years as a vocational lecturer in secondary school.
Passionate for my work so run businesses, did farming. In Australia, running my own hospitality business and transport business. Since arrived in Australia, realised that our kids should not be expunged from their grounds. I felt our upcoming generation should receive Vedic education and religious education. So working towards providing modern education with Vedic values and working with like-minded people to introduce Vedic concept school in Australia.
Cofounder of Vedic Concept school and Vedic Global.\
Dr. Sandeep Bhagat
MBBS, FAChPM (RACP), AFRACMA, FRACGP, Clinical DPM (RACP)
Head of Palliative Care, Peninsula Health
Dr Sandeep Bhagat has been working in various hospitals, community and in rural settings in Victoria for the last 19 years. Currently, Sandeep is Head of Unit-Palliative Care at Peninsula Health and Adjunct Lecturer at Peninsula Clinical School (Monash University).He holds fellowships with three specialist colleges (Royal Australasian College of Physicians, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners and Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators).
Sandeep is a current board member of Palliative Care Victoria. Sandeep has served as a member of the City of Monash’s Disability Advisory and Multicultural Advisory Committees for four years. He has been a board director of Gippsland Education and Training in General Practice including as the deputy chair, RACGP Victoria Faculty including as the chair of New Fellows Committee and Link Health. Sandeep is a regular volunteer health reporter for various Hindi and Punjabi radio channels in Victoria as his mission is to improve health literacy amongst Indian community.
Other than extensive clinical experience in various medical, surgical, trauma and cancer field, Sandeep likes to role model the concept of body and mind health by promoting regular exercise and healthy eating.